… associated with adding services to your practice
Whether we consider the area of health and wellness or the business world in general, there are some common and recurring FRUSTRATIONS. If you are a practice owner, you will likely understand and relate very well to these. Even if you are not an owner, you may be an employee and can still easily sense FRUSTRATIONS that many practices face such as …
- Acquiring new patients
- Converting those new people into starting care
- Patient “retention”
- Patient Education
- Collecting money
- Insurance claim rejections
- Customer service demands
- Documentation and compliance
- Managing employees
- Balancing the books
- Dealing with vendors
- Keeping up with rules and regulations
- Separating work life from home life
Of course, that list could go on and on! Then, if you have ever attempted (or even considered) adding additional wellness services to your model (i.e. a weight loss program) you have likely experienced even further FRUSTRATIONS …
- Gathering the latest information and proven strategies
- Finding the time to organize and develop the clinical procedures into a legit “program”
- Vetting out and choosing an established program that is congruent philosophically
- Training someone (besides yourself) to implement it such a program
- Assembling marketing tools and proven strategies specific to the added service
- Promoting the added service to your patient base and community
That list could go on and on as well. Then, believe it or not, if you are like many providers and see the obvious need for implementing a clinic-based weight loss program, you will need to provide a solution for the array of FRUSTRATIONS those patients will experience.
- They lack motivation despite the obvious need
- They are typically confused, frustrated and overwhelmed
- Usually nothing has worked for them previously
- They want fast initial results
- They need a long-term sustainable plan that is unique to them
- They have no time and are too busy
- Like everyone, they love sugar and carbs too much
- Exercise has not worked – and they don’t like it
- Pre-packaged “diet meals” don’t work and taste like cardboard
- They hate the shakes and bars
- Of course, they don’t like getting shots
- People around them at home and work are not on board or supportive
Once again, that list could certainly go on forever, too. If losing weight was easy, everyone would succeed at it. Your patients would have already done it (assuming they want/need to). They would not just have TRIED it. They would have succeeded in it … “IF” it was that easy.
Whether being felt by a business owner or a weight loss client, all frustrations can actually be viewed and addressed quite similarly. A business coach we worked with long ago as we were shaping one of our first businesses together (which launched dozens of chiropractic clinics) used to repeatedly share this truth about FRUSTRATIONS:
ANY frustration you have in your business is due to
the lack of a SYSTEM to address that frustration.
That business lesson has proven to be SO applicable and valuable to us. If you are feeling stuck, max’d out and FRUSTARTED with being unable to expand your practice and provide value-added services, we have some suggestions.
First, keep this lesson in mind: for any of those FRUSTRATIONS you feel or that we listed above, the solution is to create or find a SYSTEM for overcoming and conquering it! Then, think about this:
Every challenge you are currently having has already
been experienced and SOLVED by somebody else out there.
That’s kind of interesting to think about, isn’t it? Many providers (maybe you) feel like they are the only ones battling one or more of those FRUSTRATIONS listed above. They wonder why others don’t seem quite so challenged by them. They see people who appear to be expanding in practice and think “why me?”. Well, here’s the REALITY: Others do battle those same FRUSTRATIONS. Or, they have in the past. They simply sought out or developed a SYSTEM to solve the puzzle.
For every one of those common business frustrations listed above, some doctor, some practice, some owner, some CEO or some valuable employee has created a SYSTEM or solution for it. On the other hand, many practice owners refuse to develop or adopt an effective SYSTEM for their FRUSTRATIONS. They remain challenged, limited and perhaps ultimately fail. We do not want that for you in your business!
Leading and coaching Chiropractors, Medical Doctors, Nurse Practitioners and other providers through our SYSTEM of training, implementation and promotion of the comprehensive Activate Metabolics program is what we do. Our science-based approach has proven to be successful in dozens and dozens of clinics for provided help for literally thousands of patients.
We like to use this acronym for S.Y.S.T.E.M.:
S – Saving
Y – You
S – Stress
T – Time
E – Energy
M – Money
A SYSTEM helps save you stress, time, energy and money! When it comes to a “done-for-you” weight loss program, there’s no need to re-invent the wheel.
So, take a fresh look at your FRUSTRATIONS with practice expansion and ask yourself: is what I’m doing really working? If not, STOP doing it that way! Doing the SAME things, the SAME way over and over will get you the SAME old result. The most important and unique thing successful business leaders (and practice owners) do is THINK in a fresh, new, creative way. Remember what Albert Einstein once said …
“You cannot resolve a problem using the same level of
THINKING that existed when the problem was created.”
In closing, also consider the quote below by best-selling author of The E-Myth and business coach, Michael Gerber.
YOU deserve extraordinary results in YOUR practice expansion.
And your patients & community deserves an extraordinary weight loss solution!